Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In the Beginning

In the beginning God created and God called us "good." I think we tend to forget that. Everything that is of this world...the flesh....is perceived as the antithesis of God's good creation....for some. For others, they develop a chain of stores that tend to the needs of the flesh and thankfully they were hiring!

I've been ordained as a minister of word and sacrament in the protestant faith tradition since 2003 and I have been unemployed since October of 2007. I have said that the geographical state I live in, the state of the church I serve and at times my own disposition has a propensity for depression and in order to be happier, one of the three must change. The one that changed was not the one I expected.

Less than 2 miles from my home is a store whose sole purpose is to tend to the needs of the flesh. Sexy Street posted a "now hiring" sign at the end of January and was the first great hope of employment that I have had since October. Unlike the church, they embraced my open-minded, non-judgemental disposition and offered me gainful employment.

It is my hope to share this unique crossroads of my life with you and look forward to hearing from my future conversation partners-

Thanks for listening!

Mary Martha

No comments: