Thursday, March 6, 2008

Worlds Collide

I'm working today from 10-3 and at 4 I have a committee meeting for my local governing body. I'm curious as to what it will be like to work at the sex shop all day and then run off to a committee meeting for my denomination. Honestly I would rather work a double at the store then go to this meeting but I have shirked my responsibilities for so long since I lost my church job that I do feel like I need to attend. The meeting always lasts hours and hours and at the end of it I am rarely certain of what we accomplished.

They will all be curious about my new job that they are aware I have since I have missed the meeting for the past couple of months - I told them I was "helping out" during tax season- what I didn't tell them was that I was "helping out" at a sex shop in the hood. I think if I were to tell them the truth their heads would implode. Again, another instance of feeling compelled to lie my ass off rather than feeling safe to tell the truth. That the church won't hire me but the sex shop would!

More later.....

No comments: